2 Nephi 10:11 - 10:15
2 Nephi 10:11 And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.
This land will be a land of liberty to the Gentiles. There will be no kings here either.
2 Nephi 10:12 And I will fortify this land against all other nations.
This land will be unavailable to the countries of the world who would like to have acquired parts of it for themselves to rule over and extract wealth from it. The people will have power to keep themselves independent of all other nations on the earth.
2 Nephi 10:13 And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God.
Anyone who tries to conquer this people will not succeed and will destroyed if they persist. (It says Zion so I am wondering if it means the countries being called Zion or Zion among the Gentiles on this continent? Opinion is that those who are trying to conquer are defying the Lord whether they know it or not and will not succeed. Because Zion is among the people and therefore the Lord will not allow it.)
2 Nephi 10:14 For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.
Anyone who attempts to be king over this land will not succeed and will die. Only the Lord will be king over this land. He will be their guide and leader not a man of the flesh. The Lord will give the proper direction and be the inspiration to the people. A king will not be allow to rule and the Lord will see to it.
2 Nephi 10:15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my covenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the secret works of darkness, and of murders, and of abominations.
The Lord will see to it because He covenanted with Lehi and others that He will do so. No mortal will be a king and if someone tries through conspiracies or whatever sort to establish one, they will be destroyed by the hand of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment