Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Jacob 2:26 - 2:30

Jacob 2:26 Wherefore, I the Lord God will not suffer that this people shall do like unto them of old.

The Lord does not want to repeat the same sins that help to lead the Jews to destruction back in Jerusalem.

Jacob 2:27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

Therefore Jacob tells the brethren that they can have only one wife, period. They are not to practice polygamy or to have concubines.

Jacob 2:28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.

The Lord looks highly upon the chase attitudes of women. Whoredoms, such as having more than one wife without the Lords approval are vehemently condemned by Him.

Jacob 2:29 Wherefore, this people shall keep my commandments, saith the Lord of Hosts, or cursed be the land for their sakes.

The Lord wants the brethren to know that if they will not live by His commandments they will not have the Lord’s promise of prosperity in the land and will be cursed like the Jews were with destruction.

Jacob 2:30 For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things.

Only the Lord can give permission for the taking of more than one wife and that will be to have many children, not just to satisfy their lustful desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment