Saturday, September 27, 2014

Jacob 5:11 - 5:15

Jacob 5:11 And the Lord of the vineyard caused that it should be digged about, and pruned, and nourished, saying unto his servant: It grieveth me that I should lose this tree; wherefore, that perhaps I might preserve the roots thereof that they perish not, that I might preserve them unto myself, I have done this thing.

After the destruction of the corrupt main branches, the servants of the master dug around the roots, fertilized and pruned the trees. The master did this because he thought that if he could do these operations to the roots that the tree might be saved. [The roots are what? I think they are the gospel. If the Lord can keep the gospel alive in at least the hearts of the people even if they are not living it very well, He might be able to turn future generations to it when the time is proper. I think angels play the major roll here.]

Jacob 5:12 Wherefore, go thy way; watch the tree, and nourish it, according to my words.

The master then tells the servants to watch the main tree and nourish it as needed.

Jacob 5:13 And these will I place in the nethermost part of my vineyard, whithersoever I will, it mattereth not unto thee; and I do it that I may preserve unto myself the natural branches of the tree; and also, that I may lay up fruit thereof against the season, unto myself; for it grieveth me that I should lose this tree and the fruit thereof.

The master is now going to graft in the branches he removed from the main tree to other places in the vineyard. He is doing this that he might preserve the branches of the main tree and hope to see them produce fruit in their new location. The servants are not to told where the branches are to be taken. They don’t need to know. [The people who have lead away know they have been but those left behind do not know where they went. The people lead away will have their own history and those left behind will learn about it at the proper time in time.]

Jacob 5:14 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard went his way, and hid the natural branches of the tame olive tree in the nethermost parts of the vineyard, some in one and some in another, according to his will and pleasure.

The master then took the branches and grafted them in various places in the vineyard. They were not all in one place but here and there. [They were placed in various locations some in very remote parts of the vineyard and I assume some might have been close by. It will be interesting someday to get all these histories as they might shed light on the early history of civilizations like the Chinese, Austraians, Russians, etc.]

Jacob 5:15 And it came to pass that a long time passed away, and the Lord of the vineyard said unto his servant: Come, let us go down into the vineyard, that we may labor in the vineyard.

After a while the master said to the servant that they should return to the vineyard and see how things have turned out after the changes they made.

No comments:

Post a Comment