Sunday, October 26, 2014

Omni 1:6 - 1:10

Omni 1:6 For the Lord would not suffer, after he had led them out of the land of Jerusalem and kept and preserved them from falling into the hands of their enemies, yea, he would not suffer that the words should not be verified, which he spake unto our fathers, saying that: Inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall not prosper in the land.

Ameron wants us to know that the Lord did lead Lehi out of Jerusalem with the promise that He would preserve them if they were righteous. However since they have not been for a while the promise does not apply.

Omni 1:7 Wherefore, the Lord did visit them in great judgment; nevertheless, he did spare the righteous that they should not perish, but did deliver them out of the hands of their enemies.

Well the wicked were indeed destroyed but the righteous few were saved and were delivered from their enemies.

Omni 1:8 And it came to pass that I did deliver the plates unto my brother Chemish.

Ameron next gives the plates to his brother Chemish.
[Guess Ameron had no son to pass the plates on too. Either he had no sons or they were part of the wicked ones destroyed by the Lord.]

Omni 1:9 Now I, Chemish, write what few things I write, in the same book with my brother; for behold, I saw the last which he wrote, that he wrote it with his own hand; and he wrote it in the day that he delivered them unto me. And after this manner we keep the records, for it is according to the commandments of our fathers. And I make an end.

Chemish only writes that the plates were passed to him and he watch the words of the previous five verses being written by Ameron on the day he gave them to Chemish. Chemish tells us that it was a commandment that the plates to be passed on. That’s all Chemish writes.
[This is the shortest writing of any of the keepers of the plates.]

Omni 1:10 Behold, I, Abinadom, am the son of Chemish. Behold, it came to pass that I saw much war and contention between my people, the Nephites, and the Lamanites; and I, with my own sword, have taken the lives of many of the Lamanites in the defence of my brethren.

The next keeper of the plates is the son of Chemish and his name is Abinadom. Abinadom reports that his life has been spent in fighting the Lamanites which he has killed many personally. His fighting has been only to preserve the lives of his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment