Saturday, December 12, 2015

Alma 36:21 - Alma 36:25

Alma 36: 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

Alma’s misery, as he contemplated his past actions, was in stark contrast to the extreme joy he felt when he knew there was a way out of his extreme pangs of conscious.

Alma 36: 22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon his throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Alma then states he thought he had the same experience as did Lehi when he saw God in heaven surrounded by all his thankful children who were giving their thanks for the great plan of happiness he had provided so they could get back into his presence. Alma wanted to be there with them.

Alma 36: 23 But behold, my limbs did receive their strength again, and I stood upon my feet, and did manifest unto the people that I had been born of God.

But Alma began to receive his strength and awoke from his comatose state. He immediately revealed that he had had a change of heart and was ready to testify to the truthfulness of the gospel.

Alma 36: 24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Since that time Alma tells Helaman that he has been working tirelessly to call the people to repentance that they might taste the same joy he felt at his conversion. That they all might gain a fervent testimony of the gospel and have the blessing to the Holy Ghost inspiring them in their life.

Alma 36: 25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;

And as far as Helaman is concern, Alma is very pleased with his efforts to try to do the same as his father in being an example and preach of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment