Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Alma 36:6 - 36:10

Alma 36:6 For I went about with the sons of Mosiah, seeking to destroy the church of God; but behold, God sent his holy angel to stop us by the way.

Alma recounts that he along with the sons of king Mosiah were actively engaged in trying to destroy the church. However, an angel appeared to them and stop them cold.

Alma 36:7 And behold, he spake unto us, as it were the voice of thunder, and the whole earth did tremble beneath our feet; and we all fell to the earth, for the fear of the Lord came upon us.

As the angel spoke, the ground shook under their feet. His voice was like thunder and it scared them so bad that they all fell down. They were not sure if they would survive this experience.

Alma 36:8 But behold, the voice said unto me: Arise. And I arose and stood up, and beheld the angel.

The angel said to Alma, get up. He now looked the angel in the eye.

Alma 36:9 And he said unto me: If thou wilt of thyself be destroyed, seek no more to destroy the church of God.

He said to Alma that he wanted to live any longer that he and his follows were to give up trying to destroy the church.

Alma 36:10 And it came to pass that I fell to the earth; and it was for the space of three days and three nights that I could not open my mouth, neither had I the use of my limbs.

Alma then passed out and was in a comatose state for three days and nights. He could not speak or even move any of his limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment