Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mosiah 5:6 - 5:10

Mosiah 5:6 And now, these are the words which king Benjamin desired of them; and therefore he said unto them: Ye have spoken the words that I desired; and the covenant which ye have made is a righteous covenant.

This was the reaction to his speech King Benjamin wanted and said so. He commended them for the covenant they made to the Lord.

Mosiah 5:7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.

Because of the covenant they had made they could now be called the children of the Messiah or Christ. They had been touched by the Spirit to the point they could not be angry at their fellowmen. Because of their faith in Christ, the Spirit was able to cause this great change of attitude in their hearts. They were now the Messiah’s sons and daughters.

[Here the Messiah has the office of Father. That is to say, that these people became His sons and daughters. It seems to me that Father does not have to be necessarily a direct offspring but a leader. However, our Father in Heaven is both the Father of our Spirits and our leader as well. And since Christ was put in charge of bring about the atonement, that makes Christ our Father because of His leadership and responsibility to us all.]

Mosiah 5:8 And under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.

Because of their commitment to live under the covenant to have faith in Christ and live the gospel, the people are now free. There is no other way to obtain the salvation the people seek now that they are free. They just have to remain faithful until the end of their lives.

[What is meant by being “free?” I think it means that we are not having to worry if weey are living the way that God wants us all to live. I just don’t have to look for the true way to God any more. I have found it. I can now look for ways to serve my fellowman instead of worry whether I am saved. I know if I will do as I know I should, I’ll be ok. I know I will not have to necessarily test everything I learn from the Holy Ghost to see if it is true. I know what is revealed to me by Him is going to be the best for me. I don’t have to worry if He revealed something that will not work in my case. In other words, I am free from testing, I am confident that whatever experiences and knowledge from these experiences will be for my good regardless how hard or easy they may be.]

Mosiah 5:9 And it shall come to pass that whosoever doeth this shall be found at the right hand of God, for he shall know the name by which he is called; for he shall be called by the name of Christ.

If the people will do as Christ commands them which is manifested by thier taking upon themselves the name of Christ they will find themselves living with their Father in Heaven again.

Mosiah 5:10 And now it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall not take upon him the name of Christ must be called by some other name; therefore, he findeth himself on the left hand of God.

However, if a person will not take upon him the name of Christ, which is manifested by their following some other religious or political philosophy, we will not be able to live with God.

[They have rejected that kind of live style and they would not feel comfortable living with Him anyway. If you are basely a selfish person and like only doing things for your own pleasure and not liking to be of service to others, then Celestial living will not be to your liking.]

No comments:

Post a Comment