Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mosiah 13:1 - 13:5

Mosiah 13:1 And now when the king had heard these words, he said unto his priests: Away with this fellow, and slay him; for what have we to do with him, for he is mad.

When the king heard these accusations against him and his priest, he became very angry and told his guards to take Abinadi out and kill him. What he is saying does not apply to them, he must be crazy.

Mosiah 13:2 And they stood forth and attempted to lay their hands on him; but he withstood them, and said unto them:

However when the guards tried to take him out, he resisted their attempts.

Mosiah 13:3 Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.

In fact, he told them that they better not try to lay hands on him or God would hurt them. God wants him to deliver a message and he will be protected until he has done so. And besides, he has not given them the answer to the question they had asked him a few minutes ago.

Mosiah 13:4 But I must fulfil the commandments wherewith God has commanded me; and because I have told you the truth ye are angry with me. And again, because I have spoken the word of God ye have judged me that I am mad.

Therefore he will carry out the commandment give to him by God. Now because he has spoken the truth to king Noah and his priest, they are angry with him and have judged him as mad.
[I guess they thought him crazy to have the courage to come up against the establishment to accuse them of evil. The reaction is just like those of Laman and Lemuel and indeed all the wicked when their sins are pointed out.]

Mosiah 13:5 Now it came to pass after Abinadi had spoken these words that the people of king Noah durst not lay their hands on him, for the Spirit of the Lord was upon him; and his face shone with exceeding luster, even as Moses’ did while in the mount of Sinai, while speaking with the Lord.

The guards now cease trying to lay hands on him. The Spirit of the Lord was now upon Abinadi and his face was shining with a glow like Moses’ face did when he was speaking to the Lord on Mt. Sinai.

No comments:

Post a Comment