Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mosiah 13:6 - 13:10

Mosiah 13:6 And he spake with power and authority from God; and he continued his words, saying:

Abinadi spoke as he was commanded to and said to these people was he told too. These were the words of God himself not Abinadi’s thoughts.

Mosiah 13:7 Ye see that ye have not power to slay me, therefore I finish my message. Yea, and I perceive that it cuts you to your hearts because I tell you the truth concerning your iniquities.

Abinadi reiterates that they cannot hurt him at present. He will finish telling them what he was told to tell him. He tells them that he knows they are feeling guilty because he is telling them of their wickedness.

Mosiah 13:8 Yea, and my words fill you with wonder and amazement, and with anger.

What’s more he knows that they are now feeling both anger and amazement at what he is telling them.

Mosiah 13:9 But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved.

And he will finish what he was commanded to do and what happens to him after is of no concern to him just as long as he is saved.
[Abinadi will suffer any indignity for the Lord just as long as he can enter the Celestial Kingdom when it is time.]

Mosiah 13:10 But this much I tell you, what you do with me, after this, shall be as a type and a shadow of things which are to come.

He now warns the king and his priest that whatever they do to him after he has delivered his message will happen to them.
[In other words, if they kill him by fire, they will suffer the same punishment.]

No comments:

Post a Comment