Saturday, September 6, 2014

2 Nephi 33:6 - 33:10

2 Nephi 33:6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

For that reason, Nephi is to the point when he talks about the gospel. He wants everyone to know exactly what the gospel is all about and how one takes advantage of it saving ordinances. Nephi knows that it has helped him to deal with all the problems and challenges of the past.

2 Nephi 33:7 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat.

In addition, Nephi has a tender spot in his heart for his people. He wants to see them exceed and progress in life towards the protection and be judged good enough to live with the Lord in his kingdom.

2 Nephi 33:8 I have charity for the Jew—I say Jew, because I mean them from whence I came.

In addition to his own people, he feels the same for the Jews with whom he lived with in back in Jerusalem. He also wants the best for them too.

2 Nephi 33:9 I also have charity for the Gentiles. But behold, for none of these can I hope except they shall be reconciled unto Christ, and enter into the narrow gate, and walk in the strait path which leads to life, and continue in the path until the end of the day of probation.

His love also goes out to the Gentiles. But regardless of what group you belong to, you still have to learn, believe and except the gospel and obey the commandments and ordinances.

2 Nephi 33:10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

Nephi addresses all peoples of the world who have this book placed in their hands. He admonishes all to believe the words of his book for they contain the teachings of Christ. However, if for whatever reason, one would reject the book, maybe for example that its origins seem to bazaar to be true, at least try to believe in Christ. But Nephi tells us that if one really did have a testimony of Christ, he would believe the words in this book because they are simply His words. A true believer in Christ will recognize His words, wherever one may find them, as His own. The mire fact that they encourage men to do good to themselves and their fellow man says that the book would help any man in his quest for righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment