Monday, November 10, 2014

Mosiah 2:26 - 2:30

Mosiah 2:26 And I, even I, whom ye call your king, am no better than ye yourselves are; for I am also of the dust. And ye behold that I am old, and am about to yield up this mortal frame to its mother earth.

King Benjamin says that he is no better than his people in this regard. He is now old and will soon die. Then the elements of his body will rejoin the material that makes up the earth.

Mosiah 2:27 Therefore, as I said unto you that I had served you, walking with a clear conscience before God, even so I at this time have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together, that I might be found blameless, and that your blood should not come upon me, when I shall stand to be judged of God of the things whereof he hath commanded me concerning you.

Knowing all this he has served his people faithfully and can say that all with a conscience free of guilt. He has therefore asked the people to assemble in order to tell them that they should serve each other so that he will not be held accountable at the judgment day for failing to tell them this and other things he is about to reveal to them..

Mosiah 2:28 I say unto you that I have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together that I might rid my garments of your blood, at this period of time when I am about to go down to my grave, that I might go down in peace, and my immortal spirit may join the choirs above in singing the praises of a just God.

He has asked the people to gather so that he could give them additional instruction. And by do doing, he would not be held accountable for not doing so. So that he could die in peace and look forward to being with his ancestors and family in thanking God for the plan of salvation. That he could now enjoy the eternal blessing that were now his because of his faithful serve to his people.

Mosiah 2:29 And moreover, I say unto you that I have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together, that I might declare unto you that I can no longer be your teacher, nor your king;

He now tells the people that he is stepping down as their king and their teacher.

Mosiah 2:30 For even at this time, my whole frame doth tremble exceedingly while attempting to speak unto you; but the Lord God doth support me, and hath suffered me that I should speak unto you, and hath commanded me that I should declare unto you this day, that my son Mosiah is a king and a ruler over you.

His physical condition has deteriorated because of age that he cannot function with the vigor that is required for the office. He therefore appoints Mosiah, his son, as the new king of the Nephites. This appointment is sanctioned by the Lord himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment